Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Trigger-Happy Fools


I knew the human race was heading for trouble back when my son was a toddler in nursery school, but nobody would listen. It hit me one day during outdoor playtime, when Cindy, the teacher, insisted that Julia get off the tricycle and give Joshy a turn since her five minutes were up. Julia, four years old, balked at this idea as she was having fun.

"Why can't she stay on the bike and let Joshy do something else?" I asked. Of course, as a volunteering mom I had no authority. 

Cindy remained firm, replying, "Fair is fair, everyone gets five minutes on the bike."

Soldiering on, I said, "Yes, but what about the fact that Joshy bites the other kids? Does he really deserve equal treatment, with no punishment?"

"Everyone gets treated the same in my class." And with her final statement, I understood that Cindy was wrong, that she would vote Democrat for her whole life regardless of the issues or any extenuating circumstances, and that Joshy would likely go on to be a serial murderer or something close to it.

I have no idea how any of them turned out, but I do know that things have proceeded on a downward slide until this very day, when I read that a survey of 2,000 Gen-Zers, those between the ages of 16-29, feel attacked when someone, or as they put it "an old person" texts them a thumbs-up emoji, which they say is "passive aggressive." They feel it is a hostile act and want the emoji banned! 

This important bit of news was just announced today, so if you are a thumbs-up kind of person, STOP IT RIGHT NOW! Or don't. I say screw the little brats. They have pasta (most likely Mac 'n cheese) for brains. They know nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Are What You Eat

Here in Maine, it's fiddlehead season. Fiddleheads are baby ferns. If left undisturbed they would become adult ferns, like the ones you ...