Saturday, August 20, 2022

The Outrage of Idiots

Yesterday I made the mistake of writing a letter to the editor of the Portland Press Herald, a local lefty rag of no merit that is little more than a daily compendium of articles picked up from The Washington Post and AP. (I am not a subscriber -- it comes free with our home-delivered Wall Street Journal because they are trying to get readers, I guess.)

My letter was printed today, of course, since it was written so much more articulately than most of what they get from their brain-dead readers. It was pro-Paul LePage, a Republican ex-governor who will seek reelection in 2022 and is treated with the same baseless vitriol as Donald Trump.

Today there are dozens upon dozens -- 593 so far-- of nasty, childish, moronic comments about my letter online. The idiots have even googled me and checked out my personal art website, deeming my art, which has over the past 25 years sold for many hundreds of dollars to many sophisticated art collectors, as "childish"and "NO BETTER THAN MY 6-YEAR-OLD GRANDSON'S." One genius wrote the following: "Go back to Utah." 

Unable to come up with one bad thing about LePage as Governor, or one good thing about our terrible present Democratic governor, Janet Mills, instead the irate lunatic mob has me in their sights, an ordinary  citizen who holds no office but dared to write something favorable about LePage.

People in general suck, but Mainers, being far less educated and much more sheltered, suck even more. It is pretty here, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...