Friday, August 26, 2022

I Might Be A Semi-Fascist


Yesterday afternoon Joe Biden, renowned plagiarist and record-setting Amtrak rider (see photo) now acting as the president, read a speech written by his handlers in which he proclaimed all Trump supporters to be "semi-fascists." Since I was a Trump supporter at one time I guess that includes me, even though I have never owned a truck, a gun or a Confederate flag and have whole-heartedly supported abortion rights since my first one. 

After sleeping through History class in high school and majoring in Fine Arts in college, I had to look up the term and found this at encyclopedia.com: "Fascism is a twentieth-century political ideology and movement based on nationalism and militarism, which emphasizes the importance of the state and the individual's overriding duty to it. It opposes communism and liberalism, and seeks to regenerate the social, cultural, and economic life of its country by instilling its citizens with a powerful sense of national identity and an unquestioning loyalty to the state and its leader."

So I guess I'm half one of those. Who knew? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...