Monday, June 7, 2021

Here Comes Tulsa

The story of Tulsa, Oklahoma is the latest piece of red meat being chawed on and spit out by Democrats as proof of America's racist nature. It's everywhere. No doubt movies are being made this very moment depicting the tragedy. Get ready for one starring Tom Hanks.

Hanks is a great actor but he sure can't write. His turgid editorial in yesterday's New York Times, "We Should All Learn About Tulsa," proved that. I read it through twice to see if maybe I missed the point, but no -- there was no point to miss. Just a virtue-signaling, "I'm so liberal, I love black people" hodgepodge about how terribly biased our country is.

Hanks attended high school in the 60s and "never read in any history book" about what happened in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1921. Supposedly this "tragic omission" changed his whole life, and that of every other white person. Being of the same generation, I too had no idea about what happened in Tulsa, and now I'm wondering how my life would be different if I had. Hanks concludes that knowing 300 black people were killed by a mob of white people all those years ago would have made all of us "wiser and stronger." That's funny, because hearing about it today only makes me sadder and more depressed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Job Hunting In 2024

Just for fun, since they didn't hire me 15 years ago when I was a lot younger and thus more attractive and not as cynical, I applied to ...