Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Don't Call Me, Or Anyone


You cannot call anyone under a certain age anymore. It's considered rude. You have to text, like that's not rude? Consider some of the following texts:

FYI, your dad died this morning. TTYL😃

FWIW, I have lung cancer. HMU soon😢

TBH, I'm broke, need money. LMK😇

ICYMI, you are being evicted. Pack up and GTFO ASAP👮

You also cannot call any business establishment and reach a human. This morning I called my local CVS to see if my prescription medications were ready for pickup, and instead of an answer I got a ten minute lecture on what Covid is, how to get a vaccine, where to get a vaccine, and other information that did not apply to me personally. I was also told to "press 6" for a company-wide directory, and to "press 7" to speak with a pharmacist. I pressed 7 and learned that my call was very important to them, and then I heard the Covid-vaccine spiel again while I waited for someone to come on the line.

After eight minutes I hung up. The store is three miles away, if I walk it will be quicker to get an answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...