Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Under the Influencer

I finally figured out why I'm not more successful. I lack influencers. Following only my own heart and instincts has gotten me nowhere. What led me to this understanding was an article in today's Wall Street Journal, which started out this way: "Celebrity influencers like Serena Williams, Ciara and Chamath Palihapitiya have jumped on the blank-check company boom."

Full disclosure, I also don't know what a blank-check company is so that might be the real reason. But I suspect it's more likely because I never even heard of the second and third influencers on that list, and as far I know Serena Williams is a tennis player and since I am not one, in what way might she influence me?   Skorts and sneakers? As for the other two named in the article , I didn't bother to Google them because, honestly, I don't care.

Still, it got me thinking about who are my influencers and that's when I realized with a start that I have none. I used to have a couple but they died, and so now I'm on my own, unless you count my cat who definitely has heavy influence on when I get up in the morning. He jumps on my stomach at about five AM and starts lobbying for breakfast by pawing my face, meowing in my ear and turning up the purring to high. These behaviors influence me to get up and drag myself to the kitchen to feed him. By then I'm awake and make some coffee. So yes, I have an influencer and his name is Big Lurch.

But he's no celebrity. And he's not even human. So no wonder I'm going nowhere fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...