Friday, March 12, 2021

Dead Man Talking



I make it a point to avoid scary movies. They stay in my head for a long time and add to my general anxiety, which is already plentiful. So I covered my eyes and ran from the room where my husband was watching a horror movie on our giant TV last night. But it was too late; the image had quickly burned into my consciousness.

It was some sort of a robot speaking into the camera. It was old and pasty, wrinkly with squinty eyes. It spoke in a monotone and barely moved a muscle. It seemed dead, yet it was hoisted up behind a lectern and purported to be the President of the United States! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but stifled a scream and ran up to bed, seeking solace in a good night's sleep.

Yet this morning, the nightmare continues -- there are news reports given by people in the media who watched it and thought it was a great speech actually written and delivered by a great man!

God help us all.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...