Wednesday, August 5, 2020

On Being Bug Food

Today, like every weekday when my husband comes home from his office, he goes out to check on his garden, or as he says, "water my vegetables." This cracks me up as that's exactly what my now-deceased uncle, Chief of Anesthesia and the ICU at his  Baltimore hospital, always said before leaving for work in the morning.

Anyway, that's beside the point.

So Mitch goes out to see his garden, and it's usually about 6:30 in the evening, and as he walks out the door he mentions, as always, that he hopes he doesn't get any mosquito bites. Dusk being dinnertime for mosquitos, I always suggest that he apply bug spray. But he hates the stuff and replies, without fail, that he'll "take his chances." Five minutes later he returns moaning that he got six or seven new bites.

This is a man that graduated sixth out of 700 in his high school class, and he was a year younger than everyone else. Then he attended and graduated from a very good college, Carnegie-Mellon University in Pittsburgh. So you can just imagine how many mosquito bites dumb people get each summer.

1 comment:

  1. Vitamin B, Niacin etc, take it for about 2 weeks and they will leave him alone, also keep his mouth closed LOL, bugs don't like me they think I taste nasty, although it might be different if I went into the woods up north.

    ReplyDelete

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...