Saturday, August 15, 2020

I'm Bloody Pissed

Some newspaper cartoonist in Australia got in a whole lot of trouble for labeling Kamala Harris, in his cartoon, a "little brown girl" even though Joe Biden said something quite similar in a speech he made. And what's the big deal? Isn't that exactly why she was chosen as the Democratic candidate for VP?

Go figure. Political correctness is sometimes just too hard to second-guess. Same goes for which words are okay to say and which are not. Today, while chatting with my opponent on the Words With Friends app, I wrote that I was "pissed" after he beat me four times in a row. He answered it must be that second martini he had, and I responded that to keep up I was gonna fix myself a Bloody Mary. Only my words came out like this: "I'm p****d! I need a B****y  Mary."

I tried typing it several times but each time it came out the same way. To the censors over at Words With Friends, you simply can be neither pissed nor bloody, while here at Blogger it's perfectly fine, as you can see by the title of this post. I wonder, who decides?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...