Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Some Days Are Better Than Others

Okay, so I wrote a rather depressing post earlier today about missing beloved dead people. I got over that when my son called and I realized that he is my favorite person and he is alive and talking to him always cheers me up. So much so that I often listen to our past phone conversations on his podcast called "Zack's Mom". (Find it on Spotify.)  

Moods come and go, often for no reason we can identify. Hormones? Bad dreams? Lack of sleep? Or that old devil, dehydration? Who knows? Certainly not that shrink you tell your troubles to, usually at a very high price. The fact is, some days are better than others. Our job is to get through the bad ones somehow. If you're having one of those today, remind yourself:

1. You woke up this morning.

2. You are not in the hospital recovering from surgery. (Skip this one if you are.)

3. You do not have an upcoming surgery scheduled. (Skip this one if you do.)

4. You are not homeless, have food in the fridge and indoor plumbing.

Then go take a hot shower and clean something: Your garage, the refrigerator, a closet, whatever. It's very therapeutic. Soon enough it will be tomorrow, which for all you know will be one of the good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Days Are Better Than Others

Okay, so I wrote a rather depressing post earlier today about missing beloved dead people. I got over that when my son called and I realized...