At first we loved it. Of course James Gandolfini was the best thing about it, but all the acting was superb. And the photography is certainly stunning. But despite enjoying certain aspects of each episode, we slowly became horrified by the repulsive and abusive behavior of almost all of the characters. What a bunch of lowlife animals! Even Tony, who I loved so much the first time around. He's possibly the worst one, cheating on his wife with any woman who looks at him twice and whacking close friends and beloved relatives without a second thought.
I won't make it through the whole series this time, as last night's episode was so nauseating I decided to call it quits. For some reason, watching people get beaten to a pulp with an iron bar, or shot in the face 22 times, or dismembered in a bathtub, or run over by a car, or strangled with piano wire, or kicked and punched in the stomach, or slapped around by a group of hoodlums is less appealing at 80 than it was at 59.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.