Monday, August 24, 2026

My Husband's "Art Project"


My husband has had a vegetable garden for years. It keeps getting bigger, and thus producing more of everything. Tomatoes, carrots, green beans, beets, green peas, onions, broccoli, eggplant, cucumbers, radishes, yellow squash, zucchini, peppers of many varieties, potatoes, lettuce, kale, basil, dill and cilantro. Sound good?

Here's the problem: There are just the two of us living here at the moment. We have only one dinner at night, and some nights we eat out. Therefore, we have too much stuff. We give some of it away, but here in Maine everyone with a piece of land has their own garden.

I ask Mitch every year to plant less, but he claims it's his "art project" and that he grows it for how it looks, and that I don't have to eat it. But every time I see the guy he's offering me a carrot or a radish or a tomato or something, whether it's mealtime or not. I remind him it's an art project and that I don't force him to eat my paintings. He shrugs.

Still, those veggies keep coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

My Husband's "Art Project"

My husband has had a vegetable garden for years. It keeps getting bigger, and thus producing more of everything. Tomatoes, carrots, green be...