Monday, February 10, 2020

Truth is So Last Week

In 2020, it's all but impossible to reach any business, doctor or professional of any sort on the phone. Instead of a receptionist, a recorded message greets you with the news that he or she is "away from my desk or helping another customer." But never fear, because the blow is softened by saying "your call is very important to us." How could that be? They have no idea who is calling or why -- it could be some dumb reason that's only an annoyance to them and everyone else. It could be Jack the Ripper calling, I know he's dead but you get my point. Not every caller is important. And they lie even more, telling you to "listen carefully as our prompts have recently changed." (What, again? )

Clearly that's all lies. But no matter, since honesty is no longer considered to be the best policy, which is why the left hates Trump. They disdain his lies, but when he tells the truth they freak out and call him "impolitic." (Rosie O'Donnell actually was fat, and in her early days somewhat piggish in her comedy act.)

My husband hates that I lie, but in my opinion sometimes the truth can be devastating, as in: "Yes those pants make you look fat; No, I hate your new haircut, you look like a bulldog; Face it, your husband is a scoundrel who by the way keeps hitting on me, and Get real already, everyone knows you're gay."

I say either accept the ugly truth or don't balk at less. Even God lies: not everyone is made in his image. As for our politicians, oh please. Connecticut Senator Richard Blumenthal never served in  Vietnam but often cited his time there before they made him stop. Elizabeth Warren is not a Native American. Hillary Clinton was never caught in sniper fire. And yes, her pants do make her look fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...