Tuesday, February 4, 2020

The Worst Thing About Rush Limbaugh

The Voice of Truth, Rush Limbaugh
Okay, I admit it: I love Rush Limbaugh. And I'm not alone; millions of other people do too. And so today, a day after his announcement that he has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer, his many fans are saddened beyond belief. What will we do without him, this articulate explainer of the political world? Not only does he help us understand what's going on, but he does it with unusual grace, extreme clarity and a sense of humor equal to the most successful stand-up comic. He is, in a word, irreplaceable.

The funny thing is if you were to ask a bleeding-heart, MSNBC-CNN-loving Democrat, Rush and all his followers are rabid right-wingers, skinheads, neo-Nazis, deplorables, gun-toting religious nuts and the like, good for nothing at all. Naturally no Democrat has actually heard Rush's radio show, only snippets taken out of context by caustic late-night, unfunny comics like Conan O'Brien, Bill Maher and Samantha Bee.

That's all they need in order to jump on the hate-Rush bandwagon and parrot inanities like "he pushes hate and conspiracy theories." Well I've been listening to him for about ten years now, and I have yet to hear him endorse a conspiracy theory, tell a lie or even stretch the truth. And he doesn't "hate" the opposition, he mocks them for what they are: inept.

If you've never heard the wisdom of Rush firsthand, you've missed out on something very special. He calls it as he sees it, and that's a rare thing for anyone to do these days. Oh yeah, what's the worst thing about Rush? He's got cancer.


1 comment:

  1. You probably saw my post on facebook or not, I've been listening to him since 91? 92? my banal job required that I had a radio on in the back ground and my ex boyfriend at the time introduced the WGAN talk to me. I bought his book, watched him on the TV, but I didn't get too crazy since he kind of got on my nerves about Clinton sometime, although I'm glad he opened up my mind about these people.

    ReplyDelete

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...