Friday, December 6, 2019

Sick of Gays



Over the course of my lifetime I have had countless gay friends. Literally countless. And family members, although not countless (5). So I can honestly say that the desire for one person to have sexual relations with someone of their own gender bothers me not a bit. Much less than a mosquito bite, or bad restaurant food, or getting a flu shot, or a host of other things I could name. It doesn't even register on my annoyance scale, and why would it? How does what someone does with their genitalia have anything to do with me?

So we can conclude that someone being gay is just fine with me. Or it has been until recently, when all the gays and their string of alphabets have become so militant, destroying businesses and suing those who disagree with their chosen sexual behavior, protesting restaurant owners who support anti-gay politicians, and all the rest.

What's got me to this point is reading the blurb shown at right in today's Wall Street Journal. Really?

From Wikipedia: "Because the Salvation Army is a church, Title VII of the U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964 allows it to inquire into people's religious beliefs in its hiring practises. The Salvation Army states that it does not "discriminate against hiring gays and lesbians for the majority of its roughly 55,000 jobs,"[150] but it has supported legislation which would allow it to deny employment and federally-funded services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) individuals."

Still the Salvation Army is present in 131 countries, running charity shops, operating shelters for the homeless and bringing disaster relief and humanitarian aid to developing countries. Their 2013 Mission Statement clearly states: "The Salvation Army stands against homophobia, which victimizes people and can reinforce feelings of alienation, loneliness and despair. We want to be an inclusive church community where members of the LGBT community find welcome and the encouragement to develop their relationship with God ... Our international mission statement is very clear on this point when it says we will "meet human needs in [Jesus'] name without discrimination". Anyone who comes through our doors will be welcomed with love and service, based on their need and our capacity to provide.

So to all you LGBTQs out there, I have one thing to say in language you can understand: STFU. Now excuse me while I go write a check to the Salvation Army, as the time to make charitable donations for this year is running out.

1 comment:

  1. About Salvation Army, you hit it so eloquently, just how I feel, I have a soft spot for them from when I was young. Also I was boomer shamed by my partners gay nephew that has been fixated on the militant thought process even when I had specific experiences before he was born, but, ya know, that age doesn't care about the boomer generation, we've destroyed everything for them.

    ReplyDelete

You Are What You Eat

Here in Maine, it's fiddlehead season. Fiddleheads are baby ferns. If left undisturbed they would become adult ferns, like the ones you ...