Monday, December 2, 2019

Be On the Lookout

After living here for ten years, the only thing I can say with certainty is that Mainers are odd ducks. One example was a story on the local TV news this morning, which I rarely watch unless a storm is coming our way. Since that is the case today, I tuned in for the latest weather update just in time for the following story: "Mainers should be on the alert for feral pigs. While none have been spotted anywhere in the state, they have wreaked havoc in other parts of the country. So be on the lookout, just in case."

That sobering announcement was accompanied by film footage of two pigs cavorting inside a metal cage. They were both quite pink and adorable if you ask me, and since they were being held captive were obviously not feral but I guess that's all there was down at the TV station, pig-wise. Anyway, just in case, I am keeping an eye out. Actually I already was keeping an eye out as yesterday my husband and I, out for a drive, passed a yellow road sign that said: BE WATCHFUL FOR WILDLIFE.

So much to do here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Are What You Eat

Here in Maine, it's fiddlehead season. Fiddleheads are baby ferns. If left undisturbed they would become adult ferns, like the ones you ...