Thursday, May 2, 2019

This Time Around

One thing I like to do from time to time is read my old blog posts and see how little I've grown. It's astonishing, really, when I consider how hard I try to change myself into a better person. But nothing happens. I still can't stand all the same things I could never stand. I still want to lose five pounds, and I still want a dog but won't get one because they eventually die or get sick out of the blue or get sick for a long time and then die. I've been through it before and I can't handle it again. And so, based on personal experience, I believe you are what you are this time around, and all the sit-ups, yoga, kale smoothies, meditation and prayer won't turn you into someone else. I say "this time around" because I believe that after death we keep coming back, just like those azaleas in the garden, and each time we have a new thing to master.

Just about the only way to change yourself is through surgery. While facelifts, nose jobs, fake boobs and tummy tucks have been around for years, now you can even get different genitals if the ones you were born with seem wrong. But still there is no procedure for getting a new personality. I would jump at that one, since mine is apparently an acquired taste. Sometimes even I don't like it.

1 comment:

  1. I think your hilarious, although I never met you and if your anything like Bill Green...he's wicked funny in print and a completely different person on the TV.

    ReplyDelete

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...