Thursday, May 9, 2019

Read It or Not, It's Your Choice

I would definitely want to do that.
This morning one of my old blog posts was brought to my attention. Written in 2012, it was about bullying and told the story of how I was taunted and teased as a young teen for having big breasts at an early age. One of the comments I received on the blog was from someone named "Anonymous" -- always a brave choice -- who wrote, "It really is always about you, isn't it?" This pissed me off to high heaven and prompted me to write this entry.

Yes, it's true -- my blog is often about me! You see, it's a blog, the definition of which is "a short essay that provides commentary on a particular subject or topic, ranging from politics to sports. Others function as more personal online diaries, and others function more as online brand advertising of a particular individual or company."

Reading a blog is optional. If you don't like what you read you can stop at any point. It is free. It takes only a few minutes. What's the big deal if it's about me if the story A, makes a valuable point that can be applied universally or B, is funny and possibly brightens someone's day?

The word anonymous is simply a dressed-up version of the word coward. I wish the word did not exist. What's it for? Hiding like a little kid playing a game of tag? I'm pretty sure this is why I have high blood pressure. Oops, there I go again making it all about me.

1 comment:

  1. I think your hilarious, what does that say about me? Hmmm

    ReplyDelete

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...