Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Get With the Program

As I see it, Maine goes straight from snow everywhere to bugs everywhere. My husband says that optimists see things differently, that we go from fabulous skiing to glorious flowers and lots of daylight. Well I don't ski and flowers bring bees to which I am allergic. Okay, I'll give him the long daylight hours, that's nice, especially since that means fewer hours to lay awake in the dark, scratching my bug bites and thinking about death.

Yes, thinking about death. Everybody does it, no matter the season, and if you don't you're in for a big surprise. Like last night, my husband and I were watching Killing Eve on TV, our latest fave out-of-the-box weekly drama. It was the last episode of Season Two, and Eve (played by Sandra Oh) suddenly and unexpectedly is killed! Shot dead, there she lay -- blood seeping from her lifeless body, alone in the middle of nowhere with no rescue possible since the psycho murderess fled the scene.

As the camera pulled away and the final credits rolled, Mitch and I looked at one another, eyes wide open and mouths agape. How could that happen? WTF? "I did not see that coming," we muttered in unison. But then we both suddenly focused on the title of the show. Funny we never saw it coming.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah but then we googled and found that there is a season 3 so obviously she’s just playing dead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this post and thought, oh no, she can't be dead because I read there's a third season. Really glad about that.

    ReplyDelete

You Are What You Eat

Here in Maine, it's fiddlehead season. Fiddleheads are baby ferns. If left undisturbed they would become adult ferns, like the ones you ...