Thursday, May 23, 2019

Dumb Computers (Part 2)

Computers think they are so smart, but really they aren't. They're all the way to dumb. For example, my computer thinks I am obese. It sends me ads for plus-size clothing, and I am not plus-size. (I am, if anything, non-plussed size, if there is such a thing.)

This rumor got started a few days ago when I clicked on an ad showing a fat girl in a bathing suit. I was appalled by the image and had hardly had a chance to take it in, but then, as ads do, it went away. So I Googled "fat bathing suits" and found a wealth of them. Again, I was appalled. I mean I fully support fat people going swimming, but I think a degree of modesty might be in order at a public bathing spot. Anyway, enough about that.

Then today I Googled a line of clothing from a label on a shirt I bought a year ago from a second-hand store that I really like. It's one of my favorites, and I thought I would check out some of their other offerings. The thing is, the shirt is marked "S" and I never wear an S in anything, certainly not a clingy knit top. Still, I was surprised to find out that the brand is specifically a plus-size line of clothing. So now my computer got even more grist for the fat mill, if you will, and the fat ads are just pouring in.

I am not even going to tell it the truth. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Are What You Eat

Here in Maine, it's fiddlehead season. Fiddleheads are baby ferns. If left undisturbed they would become adult ferns, like the ones you ...