Friday, December 29, 2017

Cold Enough For Ya?

I'm starting to think that most humans are empty-headed lummoxes. Well, not really lummoxes since the meaning of that word actually incorporates clumsiness. More just dumb oafs, although that's wrong too since it implies rudeness. I guess what I mean is just plain idiots. I have suspected this for some time now, starting with the appearance and continuing usage of the meaningless phrase, "At the end of the day," but now I'm pretty much sure of it.

What's convinced me is this latest spell of cold weather here in New England, and many other parts of the country. In Maine we are experiencing temperatures well below freezing, and have been for days and days with no end in sight. Almost every person I have met, without exception, has greeted me by saying, "Cold enough for ya?" They say it like it's clever. Like I haven't heard that before. Like they just thought of it. I mean come on, can't anyone come up with something more original?

What I want to say in response is, "Actually I am finding it too cold to be comfortable, so in a sense it is certainly cold enough for me." But I don't. Instead I smile and say things like, "Really!" and "Can you believe it?" and "Must be global warming!" After all, I'm only human.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...