Sunday, December 13, 2015

Third Time's the Charm


I desperately want to quit Facebook -- again. This is the third time I will have tried and each time before I have returned. But maybe this time it will stick. It seems like such a time suck, and can be mighty depressing to boot: The constant comparisons of one's own life to the overblown facts of other people's lives can only lead to feeling smaller and less significant. Then too there are lost minutes, which can easily add up to lost hours. And the insidious advertising must be avoided at all costs!

Admit it: There's not much good to recommend it. The Internet is still out there if you need information, as are my personal blog (which nobody reads except my Facebook contacts), email address (andreajrouda@aol.com) and phone number (available anywhere) for anyone who wants to contact me. As for Words With Friends, thank goodness I can play on my phone. That's really all that matters, after all.

I guess the best I can hope for is greatly limiting my time on Facebook. I'll get in, post my blog, and get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...