Friday, December 18, 2015

Be the Walrus

Yesterday I was weak but today I will be strong. One of the ways this will happen is that I will pray to be self-actualized, whatever that is.

In case you are wondering, I was not recently hit over the head with a cast-iron skillet, I just watched a few minutes of a YouTube video starring a woman named Marianne Williamson, who was introduced by Oprah Winfrey to a packed audience as "the most important woman in spirituality today." A pertinent fact is that at sixty-three, Marianne could be a cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys, meaning she looks damn good for her age, or any age for that matter, causing me to wonder if she's had a spiritual facelift or uses spiritual Botox or is it just prayer that does that to a person.

Anyway, according to Marianne, we are all each other. No telling whether or not she was influenced by the Beatles, whose song, "I Am the Walrus," was written in 1968 and starts out with John singing "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together." If so, that only makes her cooler in my book. And speaking of books, I'm buying hers today since who wouldn't want a year of miracles?

1 comment:

  1. 1) I don't know what self actualization is, but I am pretty sure that it is the goal of life
    2) blades of grass definitely make a single lawn

    ReplyDelete

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...