Saturday, December 5, 2015

A Look on the Bright Side

All those pundits are quick to find fault with politicians. Well I for one am sick of all the negativity. For a change, instead of tearing them all down I will say something positive about every one of the candidates currently in the running. After all, one of them will surely be our next president, so we'd better start liking them now.


Hillary Clinton owns four multi-million dollar mansions, and one 0f them is in Chappaqua, NY. That's a lovely town, I spent a bit of time there back when I was married to my first husband whose father often missed the train in Armonk and so then we would race to Chappaqua for him to catch it there. He was such a great guy.

Donald Trump has made a lot of money, and many people talk like that's a bad thing. But money is great; you can buy anything with it, like all those mansions Hillary Clinton has.

Chris Christie is not as fat as he once was, and I am envious. I have been trying to lose five pounds all year and here it is December already and instead I'm up two. Christie's got it all over me!

Ted Cruz is Cuban and my parents went to Cuba on their honeymoon. They had a great time, and I loved them both dearly.

Marco Rubio is also Cuban, and Cuban food is the best. There was this Cuban restaurant in Washington, D.C. called The Omega, and this one dish, called "morsels of pork," was to die for.

Jeb Bush looks, acts and sounds just like his mother, Barbara Bush, and who doesn't love her? There is the Barbara Bush Pediatric Center at our local hospital here in Maine, and she drops in from time to time to visit the kids. What a great lady.

John Kasich is governor of Ohio, a key swing state. I love swings; they were always my favorite on the playground as a kid. Much safer than the monkey bars or the seesaw, which is also known as a teeter-totter.

Bernie Sanders is a Jew. Oy, finally! Need I say more?

Carly Fiorina looks damn good for 61, or any age, really. There's all this talk about her face not being right, but admit it -- she certainly has a rockin' bod.

Mike Huckabee used to have his own TV show on Fox News, and I like Fox News. Say what you will, but I think all the media is slanted in one direction or another. For example, have you seen Rachel Maddow? Now she is ridiculously slanted.

Rand Paul once gave a speech to Congress for almost eleven hours. Presidents need to do a lot of talking, so he's obviously up to the job.

Good thing this list doesn't include Obama, because I can't think of anything good to say about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...