Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Right-Wing Anatomy Lesson

Believe me, I am no right-to-lifer. (Hah, quite the contrary!) Still, I find it annoying that there is a "thing" going around Facebook declaring, "No one harasses men on their way to a vasectomy." I assume this is a dig about women getting an abortion and how people may try to dissuade them beforehand.

This is stupid. It might as well say, "No one harasses men on their way to getting their tires rotated."

A vasectomy impacts one man and his inner workings, while an abortion impacts one woman and the living being growing inside her, which is the only way new people can get here. Those against abortions are speaking up for the fetus, which cannot talk yet. The bottom line: In a vasectomy, nobody dies. (See photos below if you are still confused.)

In 2012, the most recent statistics I could find, 699,202 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas. The abortion rate for 2012 was 13.2 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years, and the abortion ratio was 210 abortions per 1,000 live births. I was unable to find statistics on the number of vasectomies performed in the US annually.


Abortion
Vasectomy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...