Thursday, April 23, 2015

So Much for McDreamy

Now she's alone, and with two kids to raise!
I do not watch TV shows with any regularity or commitment. It's a catch as catch can thing with me. If I'm changing the sheets on the bed or folding laundry in the bedroom I'll turn on the TV we keep in there in case of war and see if there are any disasters I need to know about. Sometimes it's tuned to a comedy or maybe the news. Lately it's been reruns of a popular hospital drama called Grey's Anatomy that has been mesmerizing its fans for the last ten years.  I have picked up bits here and there but don't recognize anyone but the two obvious leads who play married (to each other) surgeons.

One of them is an actor named Patrick Dempsey who hails from Maine and so his photo is often seen in our local papers. Following his mother's death from breast cancer a few years ago he initiated an annual biking fundraising event, or maybe it's a 10-K foot race, I'm not sure. Anyway, as the show's handsome Derek Shepherd, M.D., he was dubbed "McDreamy" by his rabid female fans.

For two weeks now I have seen promos about the upcoming "special episode" that "America can't afford to miss." Naturally I did, but then tonight after dinner I turned on the TV to watch Bill O'Reilly's amusing nightly trashing of Hillary Clinton and there was the tail end of Grey's Anatomy. With just 15 minutes left I thought, hey, I'll watch this if it's such a big deal. And what I saw was a beaten and bloodied McDreamy surrounded by beeping machinery, with tubes stuck up his nose and down his throat, dying a gruesome and horrific death. Then his wife tearfully pulled the plug and all the beeping stopped. The end.

I felt ripped off. All I have to say is "Derek, I hardly knew ye."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...