Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Paging Doctor Do-Little

Used car salesmen get a bad rap. As far as I know they are honest and trustworthy guys and gals looking to sell you a car which is what you want from them, after all. Unlike surgeons, who sell you surgeries you don't need. Sadly I have had numerous unwanted surgeries and have the scars to prove it. None were flawless, some were botched, and at least two were completely unnecessary. My advice is to avoid all surgery unless or until the doctor says, "You will surely die" without it.

For example, my recent cataract surgery which I underwent to improve my vision (and keep from going blind) has not. It will in time, I am told, after I fix this one teeny, weeny problem that requires more surgery. This is not really devastating news, it's merely devastating, as I heard inklings about it before. Early on I was told (actually it was more like a mumble)  that I "might" need a small repair at some point. A few weeks later I heard that some patients "need a little tune-up after cataract surgery." Today, during an eye exam I scheduled to find out why the heck my vision was worse rather than better after going through all the crap I went through to avoid having my vision deteriorate, the nice man said "it's completely normal" and that "everyone needs this eventually after cataract surgery, it's just a matter of time."

Then I went home and researched it online and learned that only 20% of people who have cataract surgery develop this particular problem. Well guess what: I'm one of them. Making matters worse, the "fix" cannot take place until June 11 because my eyes need 90 days to heal from the last surgery. So I will just have to see worse for the next seven weeks.

Smiley-face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...