Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Loners Anonymous Winter Meeting

                    Gordon Studer
It's been quite a long time since our last Loners Anonymous meeting. I think today is a perfect day for one, since it is grey and dreary outside with a steady downpour, the kind of day nobody wants any part of. That suits us just fine, since we all really enjoy staying at home, alone, doing "our thing."

None of us is ever quite sure how many are in attendance, but based on some conversations I have overheard lately, it seems as if our group is growing. I'm pretty sure my next-door neighbor belongs since she moved in over a year ago and I still haven't met her, although I have seen her from a distance. (Whenever she sees me outside she scurries in the opposite direction, a sure sign.)

Our meetings are low-key, of course, and don't require much in the way of refreshments, or any preparations at all, really. In fact, I have written this post during today's meeting and did not catch any flak for doing so. That's one of the perks of membership. Another is that you can talk for as long as you want on any subject and nobody tries to hurry you up or steal your thunder. The spotlight is always on you!

I love this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RFK Jr: Another Crazy Candidate

It wasn't long ago that I considered voting for Robert F. Kennedy Jr. for president. He seemed sane, something we can't say about ei...