Thursday, March 20, 2014

Start the Revolution

It's time for humans to go, it's as simple as that. I know that sounds eccentric, fantastic and insane, but you know me: I'm a kook, at least according to Google. Thus, as a kook, I suggest a revolution. In fact I can't believe we haven't had one yet. That "Occupy" thing last year got the ball rolling, but it fizzled out fast and netted nothing. I'm talking about a full-fledged, bottle-throwing, burning overturned cars, storm-the-rich kind of thing. Preferably it will begin in Beverly Hills.

Let me say right now that I personally will not participate but will instead cower under the bed inside my house because I abhor violence. But I also abhor the wealthy who literally burn their money while poor people go wanting for the basics.

An article in today's Wall Street Journal details the rich on vacation (like they need one), and it is downright sickening, appalling and beyond comprehension. They have private beaches! One hotel writes a personal message in the sand every day for the guest who is in that particular suite. Suites cost $24,900 per night, and are equipped with personal chefs, maids, butlers and masseuses! Many have private swimming pools and movie theaters! Luxurious furnishings and original artwork!

Where will it end? What will it take for the masses to rebel in this country? Come on people, get angry! But don't bother coming to Maine, we have nothing. A few lobsters, some lighthouses, crummy rocky beaches. Okay, a couple of rich people here and there, Glenn Close has a beach house here, big deal. But no masses, so I guess we're safe.

1 comment:

  1. I guess you've seen Zack's post about the imminent end of civilization... I suppose we might be safe in Maine if we get solar panels and gardens by then

    ReplyDelete

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...