Thursday, March 27, 2014

Say What You Mean, People

                   Gordon Studer
An anonymous reader has paid me the biggest compliment. I'm sure this news will upset her, since she claims to despise me and everything I stand for-- or against, which is more often the case. Anyway, what she wrote today in one of her venomous messages was that she came across my blog "by accident and since then I have to look at it over and over as I've never seen someone like you before." Ha! And doubtless will ever again, I might add.

And isn't that the way it should be? After all, we are each one-of-a-kind, and so certainly must have some unique ideas. Which reminds me about one of the oddest things you see on Facebook: People posting esoteric thoughts on their pages that were THOUGHT BY SOMEBODY ELSE, like a famous writer or great thinker or Groucho Marx or Ghandi or whoever. Like we will all then consider the person who is merely quoting the great person to be great himself (or herself), which is simply not the case in many instances.

Perhaps if more people said what they themselves think instead of what they think they should be thinking, or what other people have thought before that they agree with, we'd all have a better time and the world would be in better shape. Right now, only a handful, relatively speaking, of people are actually doing any original thinking at all.

1 comment:

  1. I post other's thoughts on my page constantly..sharing stuff that has helped me in some way or an other. My own thoughts get me in trouble.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...