Thursday, March 20, 2014

Looking to Shake Things Up

It's odd that absolutely nothing interesting has happened to me since moving to Maine. I wonder why that is. It might have to do with the simple fact that I don't get out much, and when I do there's nowhere to go, and there are only a million people in the whole state anyway. I'm not complaining, since I have sworn off complaining as I recently learned that is one of the 22 things unhappy people do and I want to be a happy person, I am merely observing.

It also might have to do with my age, since in our culture interesting things seem to happen mostly to younger people. But Janet Yellen is my age and she just became the head of the Federal Reserve, something I surely don't want to do but you must admit it's interesting. And Hillary Clinton is also my age and she will likely run for president, again something I would hate, but again, not boring.

Some of the more interesting things that involved me in years gone by include being kidnapped, finding dead people who committed suicide, attending Woodstock, meeting the Beatles, going to a happening in New York City where a live pig was slaughtered onstage, living in Salt Lake City, having natural childbirth, tripping on LSD, meeting Dustin Hoffman in a coffee shop in Greenwich Village before he was famous, driving across Canada from Quebec to Vancouver in the dead of winter, sliding down the emergency chute of an airplane because they got a bomb report, meeting Muhammed Ali, hiking in Bryce Canyon, having solo art exhibits and being diagnosed with lung cancer that turned out not to be lung cancer (thank God) but was quite an interesting experience anyway.

So now, on the docket for today: nothing. Later tonight my husband and I are going to a local club to see Los Lonely Boys, a rock band we really like, and I am sure to be the oldest person there, so that might be interesting. (Not complaining, just saying.) I might have to take up golf.

1 comment:

  1. Your paragraph about "some of the interesting things" sounds like good future blog fodder which I, for one, eagerly anticipate

    ReplyDelete

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz

It's hard to believe that what began in 2004 as an innocent tool intended for Harvard college boys to meet attractive coeds on campus ha...