Tuesday, November 7, 2023

The Bright Side of World War III


Long ago I realized that my husband and I are polar opposites in just about every area of life. Describing him as a "glass is half-full" person while I'm more of a "glass is half-empty" type doesn't come remotely close. More accurate would be that his glass is overflowing and dripping down the table leg and onto the floor while I'm wondering how come I didn't get any at all. 

However, recent world events have further highlighted the stark differences in our temperament to an alarming degree. Like many Jews, naturally we are greatly concerned with the war raging in Israel that threatens to overtake the entire globe, as well as the growing antisemitism gripping college campuses and major cities here at home. But our views of the future have nothing in common. 

While I often worry aloud about a possible nuclear World War III, or that "any day now we'll be forced to wear yellow armbands, and the next thing you know it's a gas shower for us," Mitch says to look at the bright side. "Nobody who ever lived before us until this very minute got to witness the End of the World, so it would be pretty wild if we were here for it. And really, if you think about it, gas showers are a time-honored tradition for the Jews."

I am not making this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...