Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving?

I wish I could say I am having sushi for dinner at my favorite restaurant this evening after a relaxing day. But instead I got up early, baked a pumpkin pie, then started on the mashed yams and soon will make the stuffing for a 13-pound turkey, to be followed by the whole rest of the dinner and then setting the table and finally cleaning up after dessert. 

A day spent cooking and eating and I'm already about ten pounds over my fit-into-those-jeans weight. This is so my husband and son and the other guests will have a nice day and think well of me after my death, although they probably won't considering we all tend to fight on the holidays. 

And people are starving and war is everywhere, and anyway the Pilgrims were colonizers and killed a lot of Native Americans and now millions of turkeys have been slaughtered, and for what?

This is how my mind works. Maybe in a next life it will be more like that of Rose on The Golden Girls. That would be swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...