Saturday, December 17, 2022

Obesity Sucks

For most of my life I have used food to comfort me in times of distress. It doesn't work. All that happens is that I get fatter and can't fit into my clothes. I work on this addiction daily and feel like I am finally getting the upper hand.

I write this in hopes of reaching at least one young obese person who does the same thing. I am in my mid-70s and my days are numbered, so it almost doesn't matter, but for those of you with many years ahead, all I can say is: "Stop it right now!" Eating a donut (or twelve donuts) will not make you get that job, sell that painting, make the phone ring or increase your bank account. It will just clog your arteries-- I had a heart attack in 2017 -- and make your self-hatred far worse. 

Just do something else besides eat! Try meditation, I recommend any book by Eknath Easwaren, he talks about this very problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are The Protesters?

  So exactly who are those student protesters at college campuses around the country? The photo above shows one of them taking a much-needed...