Saturday, December 24, 2022

I Need A New Drug

Living in Portugal would at least be something to talk about besides Trump!
As the end of this year approaches, wouldn't it be fun if the "new year" turned out to really be new? Alas, it won't. I'm willing to bet it will still be all about Donald Trump and January 6 two years ago and Hunter Biden's laptop and how Ron DeSantis sucks and more words you can't say. It's just the same old same old that we'll call "2023."

Echoing the great Huey Lewis, I need a new drug. Which, in my case, means a new country. I am seriously looking into moving to Portugal, one of only two countries on the map that welcomes older emigrants, the other being Israel which is too hot, too volatile, and too many Arabs if you must know. (Call me racist if you want -- it's all the rage anyway.) Besides, just imagining all the interesting blog posts I could write gets me all excited.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, if that's your thing. It's nothing to us so tomorrow will just be another Sunday and the last night of Hanukah. (I wonder, do they have Hanukah in Portugal?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colorful, But Still Monsters

Those surly, smart-ass, know-it-all (who really know nothing) American youngsters currently holding protests at exclusive colleges and unive...