Thursday, October 1, 2020

The Devil We Know

I'm voting for Donald Trump. There, I said it. And here's why: A vote for Joe Biden is not really a vote for Joe Biden, that bizarrely waxen figure propped up at the debate two nights ago getting talking points from his handlers through a wire hidden in his ear. It's actually a vote for those five Sirens* -- Kamala Harris, Alexandria Whatever-Whatever, Ilhan Omar, Nancy Pelosi, and Elizabeth Warren.

My reasons are many. First, I'm not a fan of America becoming a green nanny state. Paying for illegal aliens to go to college? Crazy. And next thing you know they'll rule that cats can't go outside because they kill birds, and we've got to save the poor little birdies! (Lurch simply could not tolerate that.) Second, having lived in D.C. for 30 years and witnessing the bureaucratic disfunction, rampant crime, racial unrest and blatant segregation of the entire city, just thinking of it as a separate state with its own governor, senators and representatives gives me the willies, the creeps, and surely nightmares forever.

Maybe it's because you can't teach an old dog new tricks -- me being the old dog -- but I like our current system just fine: Work hard and reap rewards, or slack off and get a government handout anyway. So I'm going with the Devil I know who, brusque personality aside, has done a fairly good job of running things (great economy, low unemployment, good judge appointments, no wars, getting out of bad international trade deals). Donald Trump did not invent the coronavirus, and I'm certain only God has the power to end it.

Dante's Siren demonstrates the deadly peril of inordinate earthly pleasure masked by a self-fabricated visage of beauty and goodness,

1 comment:

  1. One of my biggest issues is lawyers. Have you noticed the majority of these leftists are lawyers? They have a place in society, to help people, but when we elect them, we work for them and they can do some really creepy destruction things behind the scenes.

    ReplyDelete

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...