Wednesday, October 7, 2020

The Birth of Fake News

NOT DENZEL WASHINGTON

Two weeks ago we had friends over for dinner. During a conversation about movies, the husband of the couple confused Will Smith (shown above) with Denzel Washington, or vise versa, I don't quite remember. Anyway, I found it funny and jokingly said, "Yeah, because all black people look alike, right?" At that moment his wife's ears perked up and she fairly screamed, "Oh my God, what did you just say?"

I explained that I was joking, but she was still on it. "How can you say such a thing, even in jest?" I asked if she thought I truly believed that all black people look alike, and she answered, to my horror, that she had "no idea" what I think about such things. Stunned, I let it go. Then yesterday I heard from a third party that the woman told her, "Andrea thinks all black people look alike." 

This is how fake news is born. If I were running for office this would be a front-page story, or at least used in a negative TV ad against me by my opponent. I would like to go on record right here and now as saying that I do not believe all black people look alike. For example, I think Michelle Obama is an ugly pig and that Whitney Houston, now deceased, was gorgeous. Morgan Freeman looks like a swamp monster and Denzel Washington is drop-dead handsome. Whoopie Goldberg is a hideous cow and Jennifer Hudson is stunning.

I could go on but you get the point. The next time you hear something you think is outrageous, consider the source.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Colorful, But Still Monsters

Those surly, smart-ass, know-it-all (who really know nothing) American youngsters currently holding protests at exclusive colleges and unive...