Saturday, September 26, 2020

RBG Is Dead

Two things: First of all, Ruth Bader Ginsberg is dead. Okay? She is no longer among the living. Now I ask you, is there something disrespectful in my saying that? Next, she is not God. And was never God while she was alive. Correct? Are you still with me? Again I ask, is there something disrespectful about saying that RBG is not God? Okay, let's move on.

Yesterday one of the lunatic lefties who have been sobbing and weeping and pulling out their hair because the former Supreme Court judge died at the age of 87 of cancer and now who will protect their abortion rights posted a cartoon from the Salt Lake Tribune as her new profile picture on Facebook. I looked at the cartoon and frankly did not get it and said as much. My friend answered, "She sees you."

I responded, "But she's dead! And she's not God!"

My friend of 30 years, who for the purposes of this blog and the truth I shall call Debby Robertson, wrote the following:
"I expected a response like this from you. Callous! jaded! mean! rude! respect the dead. besides all the rest and lack of respect of this woman, at least respect her because she's a New York Jew! What is she chopped liver to you? I just can't argue with you. I don't know what more to say."

Somehow Debby could say RBG is dead, and that I should respect the dead, but when I said RBG was dead I was being disrespectful. Of the dead. Like RBG, who we all can agree is dead. So she cannot be watching us. Unless of course she is God, or at least Santa Claus, who sees us when we're sleeping and knows when we've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake.

Anyway, now Debby is dead to me. (I wonder if she can still see me.) Who wants a friend that expects the worst from you? And just so you know, chopped liver is eaten by people of many faiths, not just Jews.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you and your friend find common ground at some point, but Ruth Ginsberg made the mistake of getting caught up in all the adulation and got so full of herself and enjoyed the celebrity that went with Obama that she forgot her position and if she had thought enough about it, she should have retired while Obama was in office so to carry on his legacy of replacing her with another of her ilk, but she didn't and it's too bad. These arrogant people that get caught up with being adored shouldn't be in the government, period, it's a dangerous, we are finding out that now.

    ReplyDelete

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...