Thursday, September 10, 2020

No News Is Good News


There's an old saying: "No news is good news." We all know what it means, but I'm going to change it to, "Not knowing the news is good news." To that end I will no longer plug in to what's happening. Instead I will fold those 250 letters and stuff those envelopes I agreed to stuff for a local politician in my town, and go ahead and paint the dining room. (Yellow I think, but I'm on the fence.)

I say this because the News is evil. Not only the people who make it but those who report it. It's usually about bad things that are happening, or happened years ago. For example, the Holocaust is still quite a popular subject on a slow news day.  If by some stroke of insane luck there are no bad things to report, today's grasping journalists are adept at twisting anything into something that can be perceived as bad in order to titillate the much-desired audiences and thus earn higher ratings, sell more papers and increase circulation -- all in the name of the Almighty Dollar and truth be damned.

If you are one of the rare (wonderful) birds who reads this blog, I'm alerting you to the fact that political commentary will no longer be in evidence here until after the election when I can hoot and howl about the fact that Trump won.

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you, I've gotten way to militant on facebook :( all this has had a effect on my mentally for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...