Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Three Days Out of This World

Lately I've been having thoughts of suicide. I find myself jealous of the people who had the courage to get the hell out of here. I lack that courage and thus will be stuck in this mess until God takes me, or I get shot walking down the street in Chicago. (Note to self: Stay out of Chicago.)

Last weekend I went to Monhegan Island, a magical place off the coast of Maine, 10 (or 12) miles out to sea. My husband and I spent three days forgetting all the bullshit going on in the world, except for the face masks on most people. Still, when you left the populated areas and got out into the woods and on the trails, masks were stashed and you could breathe the glorious fresh air and smell the heady scents of nature.

I cried that I didn't grow up there and wished desperately to stay there forever, even though there is no doctor on the island which makes me nervous considering the pack of physical ailments I hold at bay that could explode at any moment. Still, I can't imagine a better place to die. Following are some photos that barely capture the beauty of the island.


















1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I need to do something before the summer is gone.

    ReplyDelete

Do What You Want, Just Vote Democratic!

Desperate times call for desperate measures, as we've all been told. In their latest attempt to assure a win in November, should they no...