Wednesday, July 15, 2020

AOC: A Woke Yokel

AOC action figure: Yours for $20.
Thank God I'm old already. I would hate to be around when the current crop of baby politicians get their hands on some real power. For example, there is a Facebook page entitled "Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for President." On it, many of the young woman's misguided admirers praise her and say we need her youth and energy in the White House. As Molly Shannon would say on SNL, "Don't even get me started."

My dour mood might have something to do with the fact that the Brown-tailed Moth, which makes its home in Freeport, Maine for several months each year, has kept me from sleeping the past two nights. Instead I have lain awake doing a variety of things, including weeping, sobbing, itching, scratching, applying creams and lotions, standing in a cold shower and cursing God. No wonder I'm grumpy.

Still, let's not forget that Alexandria Whatever-Whatever, the youngest woman ever elected to Congress, is the one who nixed Amazon moving its headquarters to her district in Queens, NY,  which would have brought thousands of jobs to the depressed area. What a yokel! But she's woke, and that seems to be all that matters these days to that segment of the population that thinks saying "colored people" is racist, but saying "people of color" is politically correct.

1 comment:

  1. AOC is a nightmare and I'm sorry about your brown tail moth issue, I've been hearing about it :(

    ReplyDelete

Do What You Want, Just Vote Democratic!

Desperate times call for desperate measures, as we've all been told. In their latest attempt to assure a win in November, should they no...