Wednesday, July 8, 2020

I Don't Hate Trump, What's Wrong With Me?

I don't know how I got this way, but I'm different from others of my species. For starters, I don't hate Donald Trump. That doesn't mean I will vote for him or have ever voted for him, it just means that I don't hate him, in fact I think he's smart and funny! My life does not revolve around finding fault with Trump or his lovely wife and run-of-the-mill children, an activity which seems to fuel so many people these days. Should I be worried?

Another way I'm different is that I think the show Hamilton sucks. Out loud. My husband loves the music and so last weekend, lemming-like, he streamed the recorded Broadway show from Disney while I kept my distance in another room. Oh my God, it sounded just like every other Broadway show that I slept through years ago and hated, like Les Miserables and Cats. They should just mash them all into one show and call it Hamilton's Miserable Cats. All the white roles would be played by black performers, all the cats would be played by dogs and all the French people would be played by Hispanics. Now that would be a crowd-pleaser.

Wait, there's more: Having re-read it as an adult, I think The Catcher in the Rye is a total waste of time and the paper it's printed on. No wonder Salinger never wrote another book and spent his life in seclusion; he was so ashamed! Anyway, in my next life I want to come back as a normal person who loves eating at The Olive Garden and plays video games and reads Harry Potter books and thinks The Catcher in the Rye is a brilliant masterpiece. And hates Donald Trump, who I'm guessing will still be president.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about Hamilton..Can u imagine spending untold amounts of money just to say you saw the show. Now idiot elites want to close this down. Do it do it do it !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mentality of people that are going to vote, is scary to me. Since Obama came on the scene, their all caught up with wanting a president that is attractive with a cool attitude, popular with celebrities and a great speaker, so nothing behind the scenes matter, but it does to me. When I was younger, I could care less about politics so its a fault. I just want a president that loves their country and wants only the best for it and has the tools to make it better, but because he's exposed just how corrupt the democrats are, which is was way past time to do, it was necessary, but scary that people seem to be okay with it.

    ReplyDelete

Do What You Want, Just Vote Democratic!

Desperate times call for desperate measures, as we've all been told. In their latest attempt to assure a win in November, should they no...