Monday, July 13, 2020

The Truth About Tinker Bell

In Disney's version she's a size 8.
I just woke up from a dream in which the singer Johnny Mathis had transitioned into a woman, at the age of 84. In the dream I was stunned that such an old person had decided that he had lived his whole life in opposition to his true self.

They say that our dreams represent our subconscious and that we are all the characters in them, that each person we dream about represents another aspect of our personality. So I concluded that, while I am totally at peace with my gender, I must be doing something really big, really wrong.

I then got out of bed and looked at my email, checked Facebook, skimmed the newspaper and was immediately and severely bummed out by the things I read. Then it hit me: that's what I'm doing wrong!

So as of today I will no longer look at the news or get sucked in to any nasty political Facebook streams, and are there any other kind? Instead I will read every book on the shelf in our library and take more walks. Right now I am reading "Peter Pan" and it's a hoot! Who knew that Tinker Bell as described by the book's author J. M. Barrie was actually a bosomy babe on the plump side? Disney slimmed her down for the movie. (Once again, fake news.)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, looks like Disney will have to deal with their sexist past.

    ReplyDelete

Do What You Want, Just Vote Democratic!

Desperate times call for desperate measures, as we've all been told. In their latest attempt to assure a win in November, should they no...