Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Thoughtless People

I've had a particularly bad week when it comes to people being thoughtless and to be perfectly frank, I'm tired of it. I may have to call for a Loners Anonymous meeting soon. Of course thoughtlessness is a constant in our society, or culture or whatever you call it. I call it a conglomeration.

The epitome came last night. I had been told a day earlier by my husband that our nephew, in town for a brief visit, would be coming for dinner because he "really wanted to see me." The fact that he had been around for several days and made no attempt at any contact rolled off my back. After all, he's only 24, so one can expect very little. Anyway, to make him feel welcome I made sure to have plenty of his favorite foods on hand since he's got a healthy appetite. This entailed an otherwise unnecessary trip to the grocery store, which is low on my list of fun things to do. But hey -- family matters, right?

Dinnertime arrived and the other guests, also visiting relatives with the same last name, were getting hungry. So I called my nephew to check on his ETA and he said he was just sitting down to dinner elsewhere, oh gee, sorry, maybe I can stop by later since I'm leaving town tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...