Monday, August 5, 2019

Ending Mass Violence, Hollywood Style

Some sound advice from Ms. Witherspoon!
That perky, pretty, downright adorable movie star, Reese Witherspoon, took to Twitter about the recent mass shootings in Dayton and El Paso: "This senseless loss of life is unbearable. When will our US representatives give the people of this country the common sense gun laws we are all demanding? I’m calling my congressman. Again."

Here's what Bette Midler, a retired superstar withering in the twilight of her career, tweeted: "I am so sorry for El Paso and sorry for my nation which lacks the backbone to rid itself of this cancer once and for all." Meanwhile, the fabulous Cher found time between plastic surgery appointments to shout out: "MASS SHOOTINGS ARE RISING EXPONENTIALLY. HATE IS INCREASING,WE MUST FIND ANOTHER WAY."

Singer John Legend (at least I think he's a singer but I know he's a celebrity) called our president "a racist prick who regularly inspires killers with his racist venom.”

Summing up, according to these four very rich entertainers the solution lies with A) calling our congressmen, B) finding some backbone, C) ending hatred and D) calling Trump bad names. Of those I choose C; how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...