Thursday, August 29, 2019

Hell Hath No Fury

It's up to each of us to turn that frown upside down.
Let's see, what matters more to me: Donald Trump's presidency and inevitable re-election or my bleeding hemorrhoids?  Obviously the latter, and by the way I spelled hemorrhoids correctly the first time and did not have to resort to using spell check, so good on me!

While I realize that hemorrhoids thing might be TMI, I have little pride remaining since it's proven to be pointless in the long run and feel it is my civic duty to tell young people, if there are any reading this, what it's like to live long enough to see your body become your major enemy as it falls apart, bit by maddening bit. But I won't because it's a bummer of a topic and hardly uplifting.

Instead I will pass along a quote from deep thinker C. S. Lewis that I read this morning and found particularly helpful in dealing with one's own problems, specifically in the areas of physical and emotional pain: “The gates of hell are locked from the inside.” That's pretty good news! I'm letting myself out. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...