Thursday, December 31, 2015

Ready for The Big Night

Having lost all contact with my old friend Bill who used to read this blog and hated when I wrote about the "obvious" topic, letting me know in no uncertain terms that it was lame, I am now free to write about the obvious topic, which is that today is the last day of 2015, making tonight "New Year's Eve."

Despite the fact that when we all wake up tomorrow nothing will be any different except our wall calendars, it has always been quite popular among some segments of the population to party til dawn on this date simply because the planet is still spinning on its axis. I have never participated in this odd ritual, even back in my heyday as a hot single chick. Instead, I prefer to stay home and avoid the possible car accidents and terrorist bombings that sometimes accompany mobs of people, tons of alcohol and a random, deranged terrorist here and there.

However, in a nod to the celebration, earlier today I purchased a frozen Sara Lee cheesecake. Sometime before midnight I plan to let it thaw, then smother it with fresh berries and, along with my husband and a champagne toast, usher in 2016 with additional calories contributing to those eight pounds I've resolved to lose in January.

2 comments:

  1. sara lee cheesecake is awesome. I'm suddenly excited for NYE. As you know, pas de champagne pour moi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gгeetings! Very helpful advice within this articⅼe!
    It's the little changes that make the biggest changes. Many tһanks ffor sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...