Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones. . .

....but names will never hurt me.

That was my clever attempt to alert you  to the fact that I have decided to change the name of this blog in hopes of getting more readers and thus maybe getting more popular and then maybe even tackling some serious subjects, like how much Hillary Clinton would suck as president. My role model is the Daily Kos, which was named after the second syllable of its founder's name which is Markos, so that would make mine Daily A, since my name is Andrea and the last syllable is just an "a" sound. That's just plain dumb.

He also says that "Kos" is a nickname, so I guess I could use my nickname which I don't really have. In high school they called me Andi, and my first husband called me AJ, both of which are merely meh. My second, or current husband, calls me Droid -- it's a long story -- and Daily Droid has a nice ring to it and so there it is. Besides, I am not feeling very "madcap" these days and haven't for quite some time, starting with the birth of ISIS and especially after my recent cataract surgery, both of which have sobered me up quite a bit.

So in the interest of mocking Daily Kos and writing more about politics as we enter the political Circus Season 2016, the new blog name will be effective immediately. Trust me, in time it will become quite unimportant and Call Me Madcap! will go the way of Roto-Rouda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz

It's hard to believe that what began in 2004 as an innocent tool intended for Harvard college boys to meet attractive coeds on campus ha...