Sunday, November 18, 2012

What Does Hungry Feel Like?

I am so sick of eating--enough already with the food! Sushi, pizza, pasta, burgers, gelato, soup, salad, sandwiches, steaks, chops, fruit, vegetables, etc.-- been there, done that. It's boring. I realize this is what my son calls a First World problem, but whatever you call it, I've got it. It's time to go on a hunger strike, or a fast, or a colon cleanse, or just a "stop eating until I can  really appreciate it" kind of thing. There are hungry people in the world and I realize that I have never been hungry once; Yom Kippur when I was eight does not count. It's fitting that Thanksgiving is this week, the festival of gluttony. Maybe I'll be truly thankful for my blessings this year if I don't eat until then. Who knows, I might even get in touch with a past life if I get delirious enough. And of course, there's always the weight loss thing. I think I'll try it, but of course, coffee is allowed. 

1 comment:

A Dark Day At the Symphony

Yesterday I saw first-hand the blind ignorance of Mainers. Sure, there are smart Mainers, notably my dermatologist, my hip surgeon, my denti...