Thursday, November 8, 2012

On Being Your Best Self

Before the Internet you could lie about your age. This was done quite often. I did it, mostly because I gave birth to my son at age 41 and was embarrassed to be so much older than the other moms at the nursery school. Now you can't lie anymore, since anyone can uncover your age, home address, work history, past indiscretions, shoe size, allergies, favorite music, political leanings and whatever the hell else there is to know about you in about five seconds while they're in the bathroom. All mystery is gone.

As many people suspect, life really is kind of worse now, which would explain why approximately one in ten Americans is on some sort of antidepressant. But--and it's a big but--there are some perks, like painless dentistry and lattes and ballpoint pens that write even if you hold them upside down. And look how much weight Jennifer Hudson has lost...doesn't she look great? There is hope for us all. Shoulder on into the storm, I say. Make goals and meet them; what else is there to do?

1 comment:

  1. I would like to do ONE pull-up. just one before I die. Mitch, how do I do it? what can I do to work up to it other than to keep taking the flying leaps towards the bar in my bedroom door jamb and jumping up into position. I am not making any progress in the hanging position......

    ReplyDelete

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...